STARPTAUTISKĀ LIETIŠĶĀS OPTIKAS BIEDRĪBA
The International Society for Applied Optics
is a professional non-profit organization registered in the
About 30 individual and corporate members of the Society are registered; the membership has tendency to grow.
main activities include recognition and involvement of optics professionals
main events organized by the Society are three International Conferences
ADVANCED OPTICAL MATERIALS AND DEVICES in
- SPIE Proc. Vol. 2967 "Optical Inorganic Dielectric Materials and Devices", ed. A. Krumins, D. K. Milllers, A. Sternberg, J. Spigulis;
- SPIE Proc. Vol. 2968 "Optical Organic and Semiconductor Inorganic Materials", ed. E. A. Silinsh, A. Medvid, A. R. Lusis, A. O. Ozols;
- SPIE Proc. Vol. 5122 "Advanced Organic and Inorganic Optical Materials", ed. A. Kruminsh, D. Millers, I. Muzikante, A. Sternbergs, V. Zauls, 2003, 442 p.;
- SPIE Proc. Vol. 5123 "Advanced Optical Devices, Technologies, and Medical Applications", ed. J. Spigulis, J. Teteris, M. Ozolinsh, A. Lusis, 2003, 364 p.
- SPIE Proc. Vol. 7142 “Advanced Optical Materials and Devices”, ed. J. Spigulis et al., 2008 (in press).
Since year 1999 the Society (initially
Latvian Branch of SPIE/Baltic) has a mandatory agreement with the Ministry of
Higher Education and Research of Latvia to host and support the practical
activities of the Latvian National Contact Point team - individual experts,
researchers and academics from various RTD institutions, promoting the EC
research programmes in
Board of the Society
Janis Spigulis, chairman
Arnolds Ubelis, Board member
Inga Shirante, Board member